...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
ISAIAH 40:31

A Blog for Kids and Everyone.

This is a journey through God's word. The Bible is so amazing! There are a lot of great stories. Some that we know well and some will surprise us. We will have a lot of fun as we color, watch short cartoons and tell funny stories.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Isaac Gives His Blessing (GN 27)

You thought the story of Esau and Jacob and the soup was crazy... wait till you hear this one!


So Isaac,(Jacob and Esau's father) was getting very old. He couldn't even see anymore. He knew that he had better give his son his blessing before he died. The blessing put one son in charge of everything after the father died. The blessing was a big deal!
"Esau!" Isaac called.
"I'm here father."
"Take your bow and go into the fields. Bring back something and cook it up just the way I like it!" I'm getting old and I want to give you my blessing before I die." Isaac said.
Isaac's wife Rebekah was listening at the door.


Rebekah called to her other son Jacob. "I overheard your father tell Esau to hunt some food, cook it and bring it to him, and he will give him his blessing! Hurry Jacob! Run out to the barn, grab a nice fat goat, and I will cook it just the way your father likes it. Then you can bring him his favorite meal and he'll give YOU his blessing!"


The funny thing was that God had already told Rebekah that Jacob was going to be in charge of everything! She lied and cheated to make something happen that God was already planning to do! Do you think that was right? She didn't trust God. She trusted her own lies and tricks more.

The Bible says that the first shall be last and the last shall be first. Have you ever put yourself first instead of waiting for God? The Bible says to give and you will receive. Have you ever kept something for yourself because you didn't trust God enough?

"It's not going to work mother!" Jacob said. "Esau is hairy! I am smooth skinned! For sure my father will want to hug me during the blessing and know that I tricked him! My father will curse me.... not bless me!"
"Just do as I say!" Replied Jacob's mother. "I'll take the curse if my plan doesn't work!" With that, Jacob ran out to the barn. He brought back a nice fat goat and Rebekah cooked it up just the way Isaac liked it!


Rebekah had already laid out Esau's clothes for Jacob to wear. After getting dressed, Jacob's mother took the goat's skin and wrapped it over Jacob's arms and hands so that he would feel hairy like Esau.
...........see if you can come up with something funny that Jacob is saying to his mother.............


Jacob took the meal to his father. "I'm back father and I've done just as you asked me. " Jacob handed his father the food.
"How did you hunt it and cook it so fast my son?" Isaac asked.
"With the Lord's help." Jacob quickly responded.
"Come closer so I can smell you and touch you my son." Isaac said. "You sound just like Jacob!
"Ah but you ARE Esau... you smell and feel like Esau." Isaac ate the food and gave his blessing to Jacob, who he thought was Esau! The blessing is in Genesis 27:28-29.


As soon as he got the blessing, Jacob took off. A few minutes later Esau showed up with some food. "Here is your favorite meal just as you had asked father." Easu said with a smile. He couldn't wait for the blessing and handed Isaac the bowl.
"What is going on? I just gave Esau the blessing. who are you?" Isaac asked
"I AM Esau, your oldest son, father."
Isaac began to tremble uncontrollably. "Your brother tricked me into giving him my blessing!"
"Bless me too father." Esau begged. "There must be some blessing left over!"
"No, I'm sorry son. I made Jacob ruler over all, including you and your servants. There is nothing else." Isaac said.
"Please father! Anything! Something!" Esau was crying like a baby.
"There is nothing I can do, you will serve your brother." Isaac said as Esau lowered his head and left with tears in his eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Selain itu, banyak penyakit disebarkan oleh sumber air dan makanan yang terkontaminasi, karena air bersih dan kondisi sanitasi sering menjadi barang mewah di negara berkembang.

    Atau, beberapa agen penyakit tropis ditularkan oleh pembawa perantara atau vektor. Serangga atau vektor invertebrata lainnya mengambil patogen dari orang atau hewan yang terinfeksi dan menularkannya ke orang lain dalam proses makan. https://jalansehat.net/ Seringkali, agen penyakit tropis harus mengalami perubahan perkembangan penting dalam vektor sebelum mereka menyelesaikan siklus hidup mereka dan sekali lagi menjadi infektif bagi manusia.

    ReplyDelete